Xiaomi has officially launched the budget Redmi 9 smartphone in the UK for £149. It has one variant within the UK, the one with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of inner storage, and has a steered retail value of £159 (~$209).
The company’s 10th anniversary, and purchasing the phone right now gets you a free Mi Smart Band 4.The company is making available the 4GB + 64GB version only and it is priced at £159. This is slightly lower than the price in Europe where the 4GB version retails for €169.
The Redmi 9 is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 SoC. The Redmi 9 has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with a waterdrop notch that houses the 8MP front camera. On its back, there’s a quad-camera setup with a 13MP main sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 5MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. Below the camera module is the fingerprint sensor.
Mi 9 Full Specification
- Body: aluminium frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front, Gorilla Glass 5 back;
- Display: 6.39″ Super AMOLED, 2,340×1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
- Triple rear camera: Wide – 48MP f/1.75, 1/2″, 0.8µm pixel size, laser and PDAF; Telephoto – 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide – 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size; 2160p@60/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 9 Pie; MIUI 10.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (4×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/256GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); 27W wired (Charge Turbo) and 20W wireless fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack